"At Executive Woman we are constantly coming across women who have been enchanted and obstructed in various fields of enterprise.
So when I was asked to be Patron by Bola Olabisi - Founder of the Awards, I was delighted to seize the opportunity of ensuring creative and innovative British Women receive the recognition they so rightly deserve."
Angela Giveon, Patron of the BFIY Awards, Managing Editor, Executive Woman
The Intellectual Property (IP) industry's most prestigious award dedicated to female innovators and inventors.
It is truly a peer honor, awarded by and to female inventors and professionals for innovative achievement.
The annual BFIIN Awards presentation brings together thousands of creative and innovation professionals in the IP industry from all over the world.
Now in its 13th year, the scheme is run by Global Women Inventors & Innovators Network (GWIIN) the global network which aims to increase the number of innovative women embracing enterprise.
The Awards initiated and set up by the Global Women Inventors & Innovators Network (GWIIN) continues to celebrate the best in female innovation. Covering several categories, the awards honor projects in fields diverse in new products, new business ideas and more.
The Awards highlighs the commitment and achievement of individuals and has become the Intellectual Property (IP) industry's most prestigious award dedicated to female innovators and inventors,
The Awards vary for each region and country;
• The British Awards (BFIIN) covering the United Kingdom
• The African Awards (PAWIIN) covering Pan-Africa
• The Mexican Awards (MEXWII) in partnership with INOVA covering Mexico
• The European Awards - (EUWIIN) in partnership with Platinumlinks
• The Pan-Asia Pacific Awards
We are currently working towards the Middle East Awards and United States of America Awards
The annual GWIIN Awards presentation brings together thousands of creative and innovation professionals in the IP industry from all over the world. Now in its 8th year, the scheme is run by GWIIN the global network which aims to increase the number of innovative women embracing enterprise.
1. Lone Inventor
2. Lone Innovator
3. Exceptional Creative Women with item, concept or service
4. Exceptional Creative, Inventive, or Innovative Women In Micro-enterprise or New start up business with no more than 10 employees
5. Exceptionally Creative, Inventive, or Innovative Women In Small business with more than 10 to 49 employees
6. Exceptional Creative, Inventive, or Innovative Women In Medium sized Industry with more than 50 – 250 employees
7. Exceptional Creative, Inventive, or Innovative Women In Large Industry with more than 250 employees
8. Innovative Capacity Building Initiatives or Projects
9. Exceptional Creative Women/ Inventors/Innovators In Higher Education & Learning Institutions
10. Women in Product Design and Development
11. Inventive or innovative team (the woman needs to have made a significant contribution to be recognised and all members of the team must agree to the nomination).
12. Chairman’s Discretionary Award
13. Lifetime Achievement Award
THE VARIOUS SECTORS FOR AWARDS TO CONSIDER:
• Arts & Crafts
• Information Technology, Electronics or Communication (ICT)
• Mother & Child Items
• Personal Care & Beauty
• Recycled and Environmentally friendly products
• Science / Technology / Engineering
• Special Section for Posthumous Awards
• Textile & Fashion
We are looking for exceptionally creative, inventive, innovative, entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, technologists, designers from all sectors and background right across Europe. Our winners may be very different, but they will have in common: tenacity, the determination to succeed, commitment, extraordinary potential, someone whose positive influence could spread, transcending borders, something that can contribute to the future and quality of life on earth.
They may also have created a new device or system or process capable of impacting millions of people for the better. They may be brilliant scientists, or the inspired designers of simple, cheap technologies.
They may have leadership qualities, attract loyalty and respect. They may inspire the support of colleagues and employees. They may build powerful teams, capable of dramatically leveraging the impact of their efforts. They are likely to be relentless in pursuing their goals. They hardly ever give up.